Become a part of AAPLD’s history! We are collecting recipes from as many residents as possible to commemorate our first 100 years as an organization. We invite you to contribute a favorite recipe to our Centennial Community Cookbook. Contributing is simple and can be done online in just a few minutes.
Here's how your recipe can be a part of local history:
- Find that special recipe that your family loves to eat and you love to make.
- Go to the cookbook compilation website. Please note, THIS IS NOT A FUNDRAISER—we are just using this website to help us compile the cookbook.
- In the login area in the right-hand column, enter your contributor name as you would like it to appear on your recipe. Use your name or something like "The Smith Family."
- Next, enter your email address so we can keep you up-to-date on the project.
- Then fill in the remaining fields:
Group Name: centennialcookbook
- Once on the cookbook homepage, click on "Add a Recipe" located in the top left corner of the page.
- Enter the ingredients and directions for the recipe.
- Optional: Include a photograph of the completed dish or the chefs and/or a short story under personal notes-- even better if it has a connection to Algonquin or Lake In The Hills! Then hit the Save button.
- Optional: If you would like to order a cookbook at cost, click the Cookbook Home button. In the right-hand column, choose the number of books you would like from the dropdown menu and click ‘Go.’
Thanks for being a part of the library and sharing your signature dishes! We can’t wait to try them.
When complete, the cookbook will be made available online for FREE, and physical copies will be published for both the Main Library and Eastgate Branch for checkout. A copy will also be given to the Historic Commission for posterity. Additional copies may be published and made available at cost for anyone interested in purchasing one to keep, but you do not need to buy a cookbook to participate.
The deadline for entering recipes is tentatively Dec 1, 2021. Please help us to make this cookbook a success, submit your recipe as soon as possible, and share this news with your neighbors.
Yes. Limited to 3 recipes per family. Please note, a submission does not guarantee inclusion in the book. The Algonquin Area Public Library reserves the right to edit all submissions.
Yes. If you would like to order a cookbook at cost, click the Cookbook Home button and REQUEST a cookbook for purchase. In the right-hand column, choose the number of books you would like from the dropdown menu and click ‘Go.’ From here, your request will be reviewed by a library staff member who will reach out to you (in late Nov.) to let you know the cost of each cookbook prior to ordering. The price of the cookbook is dependent on the number of people choosing to purchase a book.
Please note, the community cookbook will become a part of the AAPLD collection and be available to be checkout with your library card.
Yes. There is no cost to have your recipe added to the cookbook. We encourage you to share this opportunity with your local community. However, a submission does not guarantee inclusion in the book. The Algonquin Area Public Library reserves the right to edit all submissions.