Check Your Account
Log in to your account to check due dates, renew items, change passwords, place holds and more.
Want to receive email notifications about available holds and overdues? How about convenient reminders three days before your items are due? You'll need your Algonquin Library card barcode number, your account password (the default is "patron"), and a valid e-mail address.
This service is only for items checked out at the Algonquin Area Public Library.
Questions about your account? Please call the Circulation Department at 847-458-6060 and choose option 4.
Applying for a library card for the first time? Please check the Library District Map to verify you are a resident of the Algonquin Area Public Library District.
Apply in person at either location to get your library card on the spot! Current residents 18 years of age and older must bring in proper identification (see below). Children up to age 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with proper identification when applying for a card.
- Complete the online library card application form.
- Please designate our Main Library on Harnish Drive or our Branch Library on Eastgate Drive as the preferred location for picking up your library card.
- Your completed and submitted application will be processed within 3 business days. Library staff will email you when your library card is ready to be picked up.
- When you pick up your card, you will be required to show proper identification. Applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign for their library card.
- You have 30 days to pick up your new Library card. If your new Library card is not picked up it will be deleted from the system.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Circulation Department at (847) 458-6060, ext. 4 (Harnish) or 847-658-4343, ext. 4 (Eastgate Branch.)
Proper Forms of Identification
One of the following photo identification cards with your current address:
- State of Illinois driver's license
- State of Illinois ID card
- Firearms Registration Card
If your address is not current, or if you do not have any of the cards listed above, please provide a photo ID and one of the following pieces of identification.
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Tax bill or receipt
- Utility bill (electric, gas, telephone)