Job Title: Page
FT/PT: Part-time, non-exempt
Hours: 10-15 hours/week; primarily evenings and weekends
Wages: Salary starts at $12.00
The Algonquin Area Public Library seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, physically fit, and detail oriented person to fill our entry level page position. If you enjoy putting books, music, movies, and other items in alphabetical or numerical order, searching for requested or lost items, performing detail-oriented work, and making a difference in the community, then join our team and help to keep our beautiful libraries in perfect running order!
Excellent patron experience is a top priority at the Algonquin Area Public Library and persons in this position help to deliver that experience. Responsibilities for this position include: shelving materials, searching for items in the collection, tidying and straightening, and performing a multitude of other tasks to support the running of both library locations.
- Ability to successfully demonstrate skill in placing library materials in alphabetical and numerical order
- Physically able to move carts of materials; stoop, reach, sort, carry, and shelve library materials; and set up tables, chairs, and other items in the Library Meeting Rooms
- Ability to travel between library sites
- Successful clearance of a background check
Please fill out our general application form, and send application and cover letter or resume to Theresa Therens, Administrative Assistant:
- Via email at [email protected] OR
- Via U.S. mail at
Algonquin Area Public Library
2600 Harnish Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102
The library is currently operating on a limited schedule. We are not accepting applications for employment or for volunteers at this time.
We will post open positions here as they become available. Thank you for your interest in employment with us.