Youth Community Outreach Liaison
FT/PT: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Salary: Starts at $23.50-27.00/hour depending on qualifications
We are seeking an innovative and engaging person to expand the reach of our youth oriented community outreach & programming. The person in this position will collaborate interdepartmentally with staff and a diverse array of community partners to bring quality programs and events to children of all ages and their families. We strive to create diverse and inclusive experiences that foster lifelong learning, creative exploration, and social connection.
Special areas of responsibility include identifying and reviewing potential programs for children ages birth through middle school and their families, coordinating and contracting with outside speakers and performers, introducing and attending all events, and evaluating their success. The person in the position collaborates with staff from Adult Services, Youth Services, Makerspace, Branch, and Marketing to plan, coordinate, and promote cohesive Library and Community based program and event offerings. Includes regular Youth Service desk hours, providing basic readers advisory, reference, and technology support to the public. Demonstrated ability to connect with area Polish or Spanish speaking residents is a priority.
Requirements & Skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of community partners, patrons, and staff.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven skill with public speaking, networking, engaging with the public, and making phone calls.
- Experience planning and organizing successful events and programs for a youth oriented audience.
- Polish or Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and formal education required; public library experience or advanced library education is preferred.
- Proficient in hosting Zoom meetings/webinars and using event management software. Experience with Communico a plus.
Hours & Scheduling
Includes daytime, evening and weekend hours. Must be flexible for scheduling to present programs, support events, and serve at public service points in the Library and in the Community. This position requires regular on-site work, including evenings and weekends as needed to best serve the needs of the community.
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage; participation in IMRF pension plan; availability of 457 retirement plans; and a generous paid time off plan. The Algonquin/Lake in the Hills community offers excellent schools, shopping, parks and recreation, and affordable housing.
Preference given to applications received before May 16, 2022
Please complete the Library's employment application form. Please send application and cover letter or resume to Theresa Therens, Administrative Associate. No phone calls, please.
Algonquin Area Public Library
2600 Harnish Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102
Circulation Assistant (Part-time)
Job Title: Circulation Assistant
FT/PT: Part time, non-exempt
Hours: 25 hours/week; day, evening, and weekend hours
Wages: Salary starts at $15.00
The Algonquin Area Public Library seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate person to fill a front line position. If you enjoy interacting with people, performing detail-oriented work, and making a difference in the community, join our team and help staff our Customer Service Desk!
Excellent patron experience is a top priority at the Algonquin Area Public Library. Responsibilities for this position include: welcoming patrons to the library, issuing library cards, checking in and checking out materials, resolving patron account issues, emptying library materials from bins, and other materials handling.
Benefits include dental insurance, IMRF retirement plan, and a paid time off plan.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Physical agility and strength to unload and load materials from bins and carts
- Proficiency with or ability to learn computers, software, and other office equipment
- Ability to travel between library sites
- Successful clearance of a background check
Please download and print out our general application located at the bottom of this page. Please send application and cover letter or resume to Theresa Therens, Administrative Associate:
- Via email at [email protected] OR
- Via U.S. mail at Algonquin Area Public Library, 2600 Harnish Drive, Algonquin, IL 60102
Applications accepted until the positions are filled. No phone calls, please.