Custodian – Main Library
Full-time, hourly, non-exempt, 35/hours/week, evening and weekend hours
Salary: $13.25/hour, depending on qualifications and experience
The Algonquin Area Public Library is seeking a full-time custodian to fill a 35-hours-per-week position at our Main Library. The work schedule will typically consist of afternoon and evening hours, Monday through Thursday (1-9pm) and morning hours on Saturday (8am-1pm).
Responsibilities of this position include custodial and cleaning duties; light construction, repair, maintenance and/or trade work; set-up and take-down of meeting spaces for programs and/or meetings; loading, delivery, and unloading of materials and supplies between library and community locations on a daily basis; maintenance of buildings and grounds. This position requires the ability to work independently as well as under direct supervision.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage; IMRF retirement plan; and a paid time off plan.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in general building maintenance and repair
- Vocational, technical, or trade school training in building trades is preferred
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record
- Must pass assessment of a background check
Please send application and cover letter or resume to Theresa Therens, Administrative Assistant:
- Via email at email@example.com OR
- Via U.S. mail at Algonquin Area Public Library, 2600 Harnish Drive, Algonquin, IL 60102
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
No phone calls, please. The Algonquin Area Public Library District is an equal opportunity, equal access employer.