Girls Who Code is a program that aims to close the gender gap in technology and to change the image of what a programmer looks like and does, and we're excited to welcome the program into Algonquin Area Public Library District.
For girls in Grades 3-5, we will be using the pre-determined, outlined program of the Girls Who Code program to offer learning opportunities for students to deepen their computer science skills as well as their confidence, create pathways for those who complete the program to learn how to continue on into a career in the computing workforce, and build a supportive sisterhood of peers and role models who help each other continually succeed.
- Tuesday, January 7 : Why Coding? – Register
- Tuesday, January 21 : How to Talk to Your Computer – Register
- Tuesday, February 11: Putting It All Together – Register
- Tuesday, February 25 : Getting Started – Register
- Tuesday, March 10 : Cracking the Code – Register
- Tuesday, March 24 : Video Games – Register