Due to COVID-19, we are not accepting any donations at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Looking for a place to donate those gently used books, DVDs, and music CDs that are piling up at home? The Eastgate Branch at 115 Eastgate Drive always accepts donations during business hours. You can also bring your donations to the Harnish Main Library. Check out the donation bins in the main entrance vestibule.
Remember donations to the Friends of the Library are always tax deductible! Just ask a staff member at the customer service desk for a receipt.
We welcome your clean and gently used adult and children's books, audio-visual materials including music CDs, records (vinyl) in good condition, DVDs, video games, and CD books at the Eastgate Branch Location every day. However, due to limited storage space, we must be selective about accepted donations. We cannot use VHS Tapes, Magazines (including National Geographic), Readers' Digest Condensed Books, soiled/moldy or musty items. Please do not use the book return slots for your donations.
- Fiction: Hardcover and paperback, Graphic Novels, Manga
- Non Fiction: Biography, History, Gardening, Coffee Table, Time-Life or similar sets
- Children's Fiction: Picture books, Chapter books, Series (published in the last 10 years)
- Children's Non Fiction: Animals, Sports, Scouting, (published in the last 10 years)
- Video Games: Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo
- Audio Books: Adult and Children
- Complete Encyclopedia sets and atlases (published in the last 10 years)
- College Textbooks: (published in the last 5 years)
- Computer Books: (published in the last 2 years)
- Young Adult/Teen fiction
We appreciate your donations! If you have any questions about specific donations, please call the Library at 847-458-6060 x143 to speak Library staff at the Adult Services desk, or choose ext. 207 to leave a message for the Friends of the Library.