Thank you for your interest in presenting a program at the Algonquin Area Public Library. We plan programs all year long, and usually schedule programs three to six months out. Because we receive so many program proposals, we are unable to respond to every proposal unless it matches programming guidelines, budget, topic or theme. Please observe the following restrictions for programs (as outlined in our policy):
- Programs must be free and open to the public.
- Programs are for education, information, and entertainment purposes only.
- Presenters may not sell, take orders, or collect information from attendees, with the exception of authors and performing artists, who may sell their books or CDs.
Please include the following information in your proposal:
- Target audience or age of audience (i.e., preschool, teen, adult, families)
- Fee associated with program and whether fee is firm or negotiable
- Title, description, length of program
- A detailed outline of the program
- Your experience presenting this program or programs similar to this one
Please feel free to include any other information that would be helpful in getting to know you and/or your program (i.e., promotional materials, program handouts, etc.)
A confirmation email will be sent when your materials are received. Due to the volume of proposals we receive, you will hear from a staff member ONLY if your program suits our current or future programming plans. No phone calls please.